STINK

I must admit to a little guilt for posting without adding any of my drawings. What a horrible thing to do. Here's four pages from Stink, my 24-page minicomic, which I will have available at the show I mentioned below.

Looking back at Stink, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... It ends with action and it's predicated upon a contrivance, but I like the Stephen King-like story trope of presenting a normal, likable guy with a horrible situation and watching him try to wriggle out of it.



I will definitely have to work out another idea like this one. I really enjoyed making a little weird thing... Photocopying and stapling and selling it seems like the less fun part than sitting down with some cardstock and a brush pen and just going.
The girl in the story had to be re-drawn... She was rocking the side ponytail (which I will use in a future story, I love that look) but the design was not right. I re-drew her based on Michelle L'Amour, the burlesque dancer, who is coincidentally appearing at the Montreal Burlesque Festival this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to find time to go.



If you would like a copy of Stink, please email me at kelly at kelly tindall dot com. I shall have to put a link on my site, I think. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment